Temple Emanu El is a welcoming community that encourages and challenges learners of all ages, abilities and backgrounds to discover the spiritual, religious and cultural treasures of our tradition. We strive to create an inviting educational environment in which everyone can comfortably participate. We cherish life-long Jewish learning as a pathway to becoming Jews who:
- Seek a deeper understanding of God and our own spirituality to create meaning and infuse holiness into life’s journey.
- Engage in the study of Torah, Jewish texts and literature to discover and apply their profound wisdom.
- Embrace עִבְרִית Ivrit (Hebrew) as the sacred, living language of our people.
- Nurture meaningful connections to אֶרֶץ י שְׂרָאֵל Eretz Yisrael as our everlasting homeland and the realization of the Zionist dream.
- Study and learn our history to better appreciate our Jewish past, understand our present and shape our Jewish future.
- Observe life cycle events together and joyously celebrate Shabbat, Holy Days and festivals.
- Draw closer to each other and to God through תְפִלָּה T’filah (prayer), music, ritual, and tradition.
- Incorporate Jewish values and מִ צְ ווֹת Mitzvot into our daily lives as we embrace today’s diverse society.
- Partner with God by engaging in תִיקוּן עוֹלָ ם Tikkun Olam to make the world a better place.
- Experience the enriching joys and inspiring challenges of belonging to Temple Emanu El, the Cleveland Jewish community and (the Jewish people), K’lal Yisrael כְּ לַל יִשְׂרָאֵל
A Member of the Union for Reform Judaism