The Chesed/Caring Committee is a group dedicated to providing support to temple members during times of illness, loss or need, as well as recognizing milestones such as the birth of new children. The Chesed Committee promotes a culture of caring within Temple Emanu El based on our rich Jewish tradition.
The committee provides:
- Shivah Baskets for families on Shabbat during the seven days of mourning
- Visits to members in hospitals or nursing homes
- Meals for members recuperating from an illness
- Transportation and errands to help home-bound members
- Other Tikkun Olam (“repairing the world”) activities with the congregation
For assistance, contact our office at 216-454-1300. For confidential requests, please speak with Rabbi Denker or Cantor Lawrence.
If you need help that the congregation can’t provide, please contact Access Jewish Cleveland.
If you are interested in helping in some way, please contact Naomi Kall, Chesed Chairperson.
The Kehilat Chesed looks forward to enhancing the warm and caring environment that makes Temple Emanu El so special.