Job Description for Interim Education Director
Temple Emanu El
4545 Brainard Road, Orange Village, OH 44022
The Interim Education Director is a part-time, exempt, member of the professional staff who is responsible for the direction of the Religious School and its faculty, the youth group, family education programming and the coordination of adult education programming. The Education Director reports to the Rabbi. All duties are performed in accordance with Temple policy.
The position of interim Education Director is one-year appointment commencing on or about June 1, 2016 and concluding on or about May 31, 2017.
Curriculum and Program Development
• Serves as the primary staff person for the Learning Congregation Committee (LCC) and its sub-groups.
• Develops and supports religious school curriculum for Pre-K through 12th grade in Hebrew and Judaica
• Works with lay leaders and staff to provide a variety of learning opportunities for all ages
• Develops and supervises adult education offerings with the Rabbi
• Works in conjunction with the Early Childhood Director on Early Engagement programs and other efforts to bridge pre-school students into our religious school and membership.
Human Resource Management
•Recruits, hires, trains and evaluates the performance of the education faculty and staff
•Supervises, coordinates and directs the education faculty and staff including but not limited to the Religious School Faculty, madrichim, Youth and Family Educator, Education Assistant and volunteer or paid Librarian
•Fosters a positive work environment that promotes collaboration among educational professionals
•Prepares and implements annual educational budget
•Seeks external funding to support educational programs
Administration and Facilities
• Works with administrative staff and Executive Director on building usage, finances and calendar
• Manages registration process in conjunction with administrative staff.
• Prepares payroll for religious school teachers.
Community Relations and Professional Development
• Serves as primary contact for parents/guardians with regard to our education programs and maintains on-going, regular communication with students and their families
•Encourages professional growth through staff development and mentoring
•Participates in local, regional and national education networks
•Expands connections with the congregation
•Serves as liaison with the JECC, the Union for Reform Judaism and other relevant community organizations.
Candidates for this position should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than March 31, 2016/ 21 Adar II 5776.
Approved by Board of Trustees: March 8, 2016 / 29 Adar I 5776